Staying in Antwerp and met my Belgian Dad.
Day 13 - I am a human butterfly
Oh boy oh boy (or any gender honestly). When I recorded this video I had no clue what would follow, and I am telling to you, breathe with me, because life can be mooi (beautiful in dutch).
I woke up late, zero day, went with my bike around the city only to discover magic and miracles.
For starters I run into a fire show, where jugglers were performing for families, outdoors.
After that I continued my bike ride to the city center, when I crossed by an animal rights activists performance and I was so touched that cried when I spoke with one of the activists regarding their efforts to create a change for an empathetic world.
Soon after I parked my bike and sat under the Christmas lights, next to the fire, listening to Moroccan guys performing a spontaneous guitar concert and enjoying seeing the children being mesmerized by them.
Then I recorded my vlog. But what followed... was beyond.
My hosts were out for tonight and I had to eat some dinner. They advised me to enjoy myself in the city but I was hesitant, mostly because it would be expensive. However I decided that it was time to provide myself something nice and went to the first vegan restaurant I found. There, just as I was ready to indulge in flavors, the man sitting to the other table started chatting with me. He invited me to join him and his son for dinner. They offered me wine, we had a blast, deep meaningful conversations with lightness and humor (have you ever had that? It's wonderful) and they treated me the meal. I got so emotional! I felt so cared for and seen and received and appreciated for just being me. Wow
Jan (the father) was explaining to me the magic of taking a walk and pausing to appreciate the moment. That! That is the feeling today. I am a human butterfly.🧚🏽♀️